- I will work at my relationships.
- I will make time for the people that I care about.
- I will be grateful for hellos and careful with goodbyes.
- I will not sweat the small stuff.
- I will be quicker to agree to disagree.
- I will love fiercely and leave no room for regret.
- If I have something nice to say: I will say it.
- I will forgive those in need of forgiving.
- I will apologize when I’ve behaved inappropriately.
- I will live with the intention of loving whatever life has to offer.
- I will search for silver linings during less than desirable circumstances.
- I will appreciate the little things that often bring the greatest amount of joy.
- I snapped at Craig today…which means I’m not writing.
- The messy house is driving me crazy…which means I’m not writing.
- I’m on edge even after a workout…which means I’m not writing.
- I’m craving chips and dip…which means I’m not writing.
- I am struggling to find motivation…which means I’m not writing.
You see, I possess 3 guaranteed releases in life:
1.) Exercise: Already tried.
2.) The Unmentionable: The kids are home and Craig is not = not an option.
3.) Writing…So here I am.
And I’m already starting to feel better. I just exhaled a deep, calming breath.
- I realize how silly I must have sounded to Craig during my rant this morning. No wonder he smiled. I hate it when he does that. Because then I smile too, before I’m done being frustrated. Clever man.
- I accept that the house will be messier for the next few weeks while the kids are home. It is what it is. And I’d rather have them ‘home and messy’ than ‘not home and clean.’
- At least I worked out. I’d feel much worse if I hadn’t.
- I’ll save the chips and dip for later when my salt-junkie-of-a-friend can join me. Then I’ll really enjoy my guilty pleasure.
- I’m ready to roll now. I took time for me. I looked inside from the outside. And if that’s all I have to complain about? Well, then I’m one lucky lady.
A little while later, Gabe said to me, “Mommy! I can’t believe I got to bowl with Chris Paul today!”